The new sanctum upgrade grid thing

Talking about Fleshcult: Strategies, questions and comments.

The new sanctum upgrade grid thing

Postby Elysion » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 pm

While its nice that things are positioned such that each type of thing is grouped together in a more clear way (provided you expand the browser enough), its a lot more of a hassle to navigate now since you cant tell at a glance what each thing does. The old way really was better.

One idea i guess to make navigating it easier would be to change the way its ordered. Instead of each overall section being one specific book/origin of the upgrade, you could have a section for each upgrade 'slot' with the name and bonus in the box, then on mouse over it could give a more detailed description AND include where the upgrade comes from/what unlocked it.

I dont know, its just a lot nicer when you can see the bonus at a glance with out having to do anything.
Elysion

Re: The new sanctum upgrade grid thing

Postby jackoekaki » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:03 am

It's a fair point. Most of the benefit that grouping by book gives could be provided by a 'NEW' indicator on the sections and boxes instead. Or show slot groups AND a group for the most recently picked up book.

My biggest reservation is that a brand new player would have 10 groupings instead of 3, which is messy. Even then you could argue that the default item selection is itself the mess. Now that I have the Suburbs to feed players introductory tomes I guess I should break it up a bit more.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Re: The new sanctum upgrade grid thing

Postby gurran » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi, personally I like the new style, keep up the good work!
gurran

Return to Fleshcult