Happy New Year! (Prospects for restarting dev)

Talking about Fleshcult: Strategies, questions and comments.

Happy New Year! (Prospects for restarting dev)

Postby willpell » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:31 pm

So, you said there would be no new work on Fleshcult in 2014. It is now 2015; can we look forward to anything this year?
willpell

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby jackoekaki » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:42 pm

I'm talking to a publisher about a project that'd last until mid-2016. If that goes ahead, then yeah, nothing to see here for quite a while. If it falls through I'll probably start up a Fleshcult Patreon and see if I can live off that. So wish me bad luck, I guess. :)
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby willpell » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:24 am

If the project goes through, is there any possibility you could hand Fleshcult off to other interested (and preferably competent, which admittedly rules me out) parties?
willpell

Postby jackoekaki » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:32 am

An interesting thought, but there isn't anyone who I know well enough, has the right mix of skills and isn't already working on their own games.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby doomknight » Sat May 16, 2015 2:53 am

What would you define as the right set of skills? I just ask because I'm curious at what someone would need to know to help you out with it. Would knowing HTML 5 be needed? JavaScript? A scripting language, etc...

If we, who wander the internet knew what is needed, we might be able to direct people here to help you out.
doomknight

Postby jackoekaki » Sun May 17, 2015 11:11 pm

Python, Javascript, HTML/CSS, and the ability to write well. Heroku too, but that's easy to learn.

The other aspect is that they'd have to be someone I know well, because anyone who takes over Fleshcult would be more of a business partner than an open source contributor.

(Why not open source it? Well, it's an irreversible step and there things I'd love to attempt that are more realistic under a commercial model than a donation model. Like a character viewer, for example. A suitable payment system to do it might arrive someday. Kimochi might actually become the Steam of adult games. I want to keep my options open because the environment is changing)
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Re: Happy New Year! (Prospects for restarting dev)

Postby doomknight » Mon May 18, 2015 1:49 am

I can understand JavaScript and HTML/CSS, but Python? Why Python? I didn't know you could use Python the scripting language with websites.

What is this site, Kimochi, you are referring to. A quick google search turned up nothing.
doomknight

Re: Happy New Year! (Prospects for restarting dev)

Postby jackoekaki » Mon May 18, 2015 2:11 am

Almost all of Fleshcult runs on the server where I can use any programming language I want, rather than just Javascript. I like Python more than JS.

https://kimochi.co/
(Formerly known as Steamy)
It's really just a downloader instead of a marketplace for adult games. It's in a limited alpha and requires an invite code to use, so I haven't tried it yet. If their eventual ambition is to be the Steam of adult games, that could be pretty huge. They've got a long way to go, of course.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Re: Open Source?

Postby Baryonyx » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:30 pm

jackoekaki wrote:I'm talking to a publisher about a project that'd last until mid-2016. If that goes ahead, then yeah, nothing to see here for quite a while. If it falls through I'll probably start up a Fleshcult Patreon and see if I can live off that. So wish me bad luck, I guess.

Why not just do both?
You don't have to be fancy with a Patreon, no need for rewards, just say you're working on a side project and people who wanna pay will pay.
Baryonyx

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:17 am

Baryonyx wrote:
jackoekaki wrote:I'm talking to a publisher about a project that'd last until mid-2016. If that goes ahead, then yeah, nothing to see here for quite a while. If it falls through I'll probably start up a Fleshcult Patreon and see if I can live off that. So wish me bad luck, I guess.

Why not just do both?

Ok, that particular dilemma resolved itself very recently. I'm signed up with the publisher, the (non-adult) project is going ahead and it'll keep me busy throughout 2015 and 2016 (the schedule was pushed out by all the delays during negotiations). So yay, and also boo, depending on your inclinations. :)
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby Baryonyx » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:54 pm

jackoekaki wrote:
Baryonyx wrote:

Why not just do both?

Ok, that particular dilemma resolved itself very recently. I'm signed up with the publisher, the (non-adult) project is going ahead and it'll keep me busy throughout 2015 and 2016 (the schedule was pushed out by all the delays during negotiations). So yay, and also boo, depending on your inclinations. :)

Boooooooooooooooooooooo

But seriously, good on ya.
Baryonyx

Return to Fleshcult