Merging minions (How are traits merged?)

Talking about Fleshcult: Strategies, questions and comments.

Merging minions (How are traits merged?)

Postby Conspyre » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Is there some sort of formula to the way minion traits stack? (Dominant/recessive transformations, etc)
I've been trying to brew specific minions (One with huge tits + one with huge cock= huge tits and cock?), and it seems to work fairly randomly- does the order matter? Is "merge x with y" the same as "merge y with x"?
Am I thinking about this too hard? (probably)
Conspyre

Re: Merging minions

Postby jackoekaki » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:41 pm

The intent is that it compares slot by slot and picks the body part with the highest stats. The first minion that you pick wins when there's a tie. If you see any bugs, let me know!
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Re: Merging minions (How are traits merged?)

Postby Conspyre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:48 am

Then yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting bugs- I'll see if I can replicate it, but as an example, merging 2x concubines, one with max breast/nipple modifications, the other with max cock/balls mods, do not always get me a result with max boobs. I'll see if I can replicate it again to be sure.

Also, are there plans to allow for merging anything but beasts? I've been enjoying the mad science aspect, but it's curtailing my production to be using concubines as beast fodder (in order to get more interesting combinations). Merged concubines would solve that problem.
Conspyre

Postby Therapist » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 am

Same issues as Conspyre. Really awesome if that's how the merging is supposed to work, but I have noticed that the first minion picked tends to override all the visible traits in a merge.
Therapist

Postby Conspyre » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Okay, here's my test run:
Claudia:
She has a kundalini serpent tattoo. Twin mounds form ample cleavage on her chest. Metal studs poke from the sides of her nipples.
Her clit hood is pierced, throbbing with every pulse of arousal.

plus Lizbeth:
Her perky breasts are slightly elongated into the merest hint of a teardrop.
At her crotch, a foot of mighty horsecock sways from a leathery sheath. The flat head drools on to her knee. A Prince Albert piercing hangs from the underside of her glans. Her dripping cunt sends rivulets of pussy juice down her thighs. A sinuous tongue flicks from her pussy.

equals Lazubita:
She has a kundalini serpent tattoo. Her perky breasts are slightly elongated into the merest hint of a teardrop.
Below the waist, she has the body of a horse, finely muscled flanks rippling under her shiny brown coat. At her crotch, a foot of mighty horsecock sways from a leathery sheath. The flat head drools on to her knee. A Prince Albert piercing hangs from the underside of her glans. Her dripping cunt sends rivulets of pussy juice down her thighs. A sinuous tongue flicks from her pussy.

Looks like the only part from Claudia that transferred over was her tattoo. Based on what you said, shouldn't we be getting tattoos, big boobs, pierced nipples, a large pierced cock, and a pussy with a tongue? (Clit piercing also? Not sure how vaginal piercings track vs. vaginal modifications)
Conspyre

Postby jackoekaki » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:05 am

OK, I think I have a fix for this. Should work properly in the next release. Cheers!
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby splingmer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:25 am

I am confused about merging. I do not know if I have a bug.

I took two max upgraded concubines, with 9 and 8 upgrades. I merged them. When finished I had a new beast. I was expecting a new high output concubine.

Is this intended or a bug?
splingmer

Postby jackoekaki » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:35 am

Mergers always result in beasts.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby Zurg » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Would be fun to hunt for savage beasts and feed them concubines to create new specialized monsters or even rooms.
Imagine to create a lamia, you must feed an enemy against his/her will to a mutated giant snake, that bite her to her hips and then merge while injecting a venom that wipe the target memory and enslave it.
Or taking somegirl and transform her into a huge uterus room for brooding minions.

Another coolstuff would be to have item and room crafting classes. Or hunting/infiltrating classes, that could die on missions.
Would be better than having to dismiss low level slaves for the new ones which keep being unlocked as game goes on, that system brings a need for new better targets to seduce non stop, but it finish by feeling the same. I dont know at some point some minions should acquire low level targets for you as you target high level ones, and the high level ones should have more global effects, like corrupting the mother superior would allow infiltrating and taking over a covent, surface could lead to different places and you should have a stealth profile to grows as you subvert villages, monasteries, farms, etc. As you acquires you could add modifications to them so to lower your stealth profile, allows you to subvert more of them into minions , or end a long systematic attack campaign that was waged against you by them.
A subverted town wouldn't have to be ran by minions only, it could have potential targets still available in it for the main lair, and to prevent boredom, you can add event of revolt or takeover by rivals on your conquered locations.

Also, it might be cool to slow the pace before making someone a concubine or beast, like to train him/her to unlock a particular class.
Zurg

Postby chivo_expiatorio » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:59 pm

I'm not sure if this is working properly, I merged 2 beasts with 4.7 multiplier each, and the end result had a 4.5 multiplier. Then I merged this beast with another one I made of concubines and the result was still at 4.5 multiplier. Am I doing something wrong?
chivo_expiatorio

Postby jackoekaki » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:49 am

chivo_expiatorio wrote:I'm not sure if this is working properly, I merged 2 beasts with 4.7 multiplier each, and the end result had a 4.5 multiplier. Then I merged this beast with another one I made of concubines and the result was still at 4.5 multiplier. Am I doing something wrong?

More likely I'm doing something wrong. That sounds busted. I'll look into it.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Return to Fleshcult