Why?

Talking about Fleshcult: Strategies, questions and comments.

Why?

Postby Twisty » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:18 am

Why must we pay for turns for a game that is not in development and when you got donations from Offbeatr? What's even more of an insult is that to get more turns you have to restart your character. There's literally no reason to pay 10$ for a text-based game that doesn't even have that great of details in the sex scenes.
Twisty

Re: Why?

Postby jackoekaki » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:35 am

The game is in development. I'm currently working on adding locations to the surface screen.

The extra donations above what I got in OffBeatr are allowing me to try things out that weren't in my initial promises and stretch goals. As for $10 for unlimited early access, well take it or leave it, getting angry won't help.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby JoBiden » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:15 am

Don't worry about this guy, 99% of us understand that we aren't paying for the game itself, we're paying to support development. its a different sort of mindset. tough life being an indie dev.
JoBiden

Postby HohesHaus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:13 pm

JoBiden wrote:Don't worry about this guy, 99% of us understand that we aren't paying for the game itself, we're paying to support development. its a different sort of mindset. tough life being an indie dev.

QFT
HohesHaus

Postby wyldmage » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 am

JoBiden wrote:Don't worry about this guy, 99% of us understand that we aren't paying for the game itself, we're paying to support development. its a different sort of mindset. tough life being an indie dev.

Amen.
I won't be paying, myself. But that's because I found the game at the end of July, and "free unlimited" is in theory coming soon.
Hopefully you put some stuff out there that is tempting to pay for - I certainly would be down to put some of my cash into the game. But feels bad to pay $10 for something just to get it 1-3 weeks early :P
wyldmage

Postby Darkelru » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:12 am

I wanted to point out that the forum/suggestions traffic is very low, where as a site like Fenoxo's CoC and TiTS has a lot of traffic, the difference being that Fenoxo's site is free to play and that jazz. Just a thought. I want this game to succeed and I'd like to see more traffic to this site, if the game were free now I could likely spread a lot of word and get more traffic flowing into the site. I don't know what your preferences on advertising are though.
Darkelru

Postby BiffBlastcheese » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Darkelru wrote:I wanted to point out that the forum/suggestions traffic is very low, where as a site like Fenoxo's CoC and TiTS has a lot of traffic, the difference being that Fenoxo's site is free to play and that jazz. Just a thought. I want this game to succeed and I'd like to see more traffic to this site, if the game were free now I could likely spread a lot of word and get more traffic flowing into the site. I don't know what your preferences on advertising are though.

A possible solution for this would be to take the core idea of what Something Awful does with its forums: every month, for a week, non-registered users can read most of it completely free, even though it usually has a $10 dollar fee to register.

It might help drum up some post-crowdfunding interest if you offered a couple of days of Free-Unlimited a week or a month, or whatever you'd feel comfortable with.
BiffBlastcheese

Return to Fleshcult