Can't start a game

Get help with technical issues.

Can't start a game

Postby thundafive » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 pm

I can't start my game in chrome, works fine in IE but I'm not a crazy person or 75 so I don't want to use IE. I keep getting brought to the age verification then back to the main menu
thundafive

Re: Can't start a game

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:06 pm

I store the fact that you've clicked through age verification in a cookie, so I'd check the cookie settings in Chrome (Right click -> Page Info should tell you whether it's blocking it or not) and also any privacy extensions you might have.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby thundafive » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Nope it seems to have downloaded the cookies and I even disabled my adblock and virus software, no idea what it could be, thanks for trying though
thundafive

Postby jackoekaki » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:23 pm

I can't reproduce the problem yet, would you mind checking that the 'age_confirmed' cookie has a value of 'y'? That's the only thing it checks to figure out whether to show age confirmation.

(And of course, if anyone else is seeing this, please chime in)
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby thundafive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 pm

I only appear to have the session cookie and the local cookie
thundafive

Postby thundafive » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:30 pm

I have the age verification cookie but it still asks me to verify when I try to start a game, then brings me back to the home screen
thundafive

Postby jackoekaki » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:55 am

thundafive wrote:I have the age verification cookie but it still asks me to verify when I try to start a game, then brings me back to the home screen

That's consistent with the server never receiving the cookie. It doesn't happen on stock Chrome (even in incognito mode), so my only guesses would be an incompatible extension or settings that are too strict. Check Settings -> Privacy -> Content Settings -> Cookies. If that's set to "Block sites from setting any data" that'd explain it.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Return to Bugs and support