Logging In Error

Get help with technical issues.

Logging In Error

Postby LuigiDEK » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:06 pm

I can't log in to the game, it keeps telling me that there is no such user. I have the activation email, and I went to the link. I have tried every variation of my email because I have multiplier capital letters in it, some games make me do it in lowercase. Without being able log in I can't enjoy this awesome game.
LuigiDEK

Re: Logging In Error

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Could you PM me with your log-on e-mail, and I'll take a look? Sorry about all that.

Also, the capital letters in the email address shouldn't make any difference. I've been treating emails as case insensitive for most of the year. Passwords are case sensitive on the other hand.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:04 pm

OK, I think I've found your account. It doesn't look like the activation has gone through. Could you check that you're following the activation link by cutting and pasting the whole link (including the squiggly bit at the end) into your browser's address bar, instead of clicking on it? Sometimes email services will highlight only a portion of the link which cuts off part of the activation code.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby LuigiDEK » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 am

Ok, I tried copying the link and it said that the account has already been activated. I still can't login though. By the way it is the Gmail one. AOL never got the activation message.
LuigiDEK

Postby jackoekaki » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:36 am

Could you PM me the link? The most recent one that's been sent to your gmail account?
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby jackoekaki » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:17 am

OK, that was dumb of me. You don't have PMs enabled because it seems that phpBB defaults to disabling that for people who've posted fewer than 3 times. Weird. It's fixed now.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby jackoekaki » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:20 am

I found that there was an old activation for your e-mail address from May that was expired and must've somehow wedged the newer ones. (The activation links expire after 24 hours, but this one was somehow expired but still the one it was looking for) I'm still figuring out what the sequence of events was that exposed the bug.

I ran the old activation, so your gmail account will work, with the password you entered back in May. If you don't remember that, you can use the reset password link. (http://www.fleshcult.com/send_password_reset_form)

I've unlocked unlimited turns for your trouble. Thanks for your patience in helping me track the problem down.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby LuigiDEK » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:47 am

Thank you very much.
LuigiDEK

Return to Bugs and support