Hermaphrodites > Genital Swapping

Ideas for things to add to the game

What's a good name for the tome that enables mixed gender transformations?

Tome of Hermaphrodites
40%
Tome of Genital Swapping
10%
Tome of Mutatio Sexus
10%
Tome of Genital Reversal
10%
Tome of Gender Reversal
No votes
Tome of Gender Bending
No votes
Tome of the Third Gender
10%
Tome of Chromosomal Inversion
No votes
Tome of Unsatisfactory Poll Options
20%

Total votes : 10

Hermaphrodites > Genital Swapping

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:30 am

I can't say I'm happy with the name change either, so I decided to look up the Roman (or in this case, Latin) translation of "sex change" to give you a suggestion. Based on Google Translate (I think we all know that Google Translate isn't all that accurate, but it's the best I can do given I don't speak any language beyond English), it appears this would be "mutatio sexus. So my suggestion would be "Tomb of Mutatio Sexus" which roughly translates to "Tomb of Sex Change".

I am not going to add this to the title of the thread seeing as I want people to be able to give their own suggestions. I would create a poll if i could, but seems these forums don't have that capability.

EDIT: Made it a poll.
WonderGamer

Re: Hermaphrodites > Genital Swapping

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:49 am

Porp's take when we were discussing it was that:
  • Applying the term 'hermaphrodite' to humans is outdated and vaguely pejorative. It harks back to the bad old days when doctors did horrific things to intersexed people. See http://www.isna.org/node/16
  • Swapping genitalia is not switching gender, so 'gender' is the wrong word. Woman + dick is still a woman. Man + pussy is still a man.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby jackoekaki » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:10 am

(Not that any of the above pertains to your Mutatio Sexus suggestion. I'm just pointing out that I've got misgivings about some of the options that come up frequently)

I'm not a fan of translating it into latin. I'd prefer it to be self explanatory if possible.
jackoekaki
Site Admin

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am

Well it was a suggestion to give it more of an ancient tomb feel to it. I actually prefer the original title of it, so that's where I put my vote. I expect that vote will probably go to waste however, seeing as it seems it's already been decided that we're not going to use it.

EDIT: And I'm not saying that prefer the original title because I'm prejudice against them; it's just more self-explanatory & already has somewhat of a magic feel to it. Most people are going to start as the sex they want to be referred to in the game anyways, so doing a full sex change is really counter-productive & a waste of mana.
WonderGamer

Postby SpectralTime » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:00 am

...One option I don't see up there is to simply call it "Tome of Mutable Gender." It clears up problems while addressing concerns.
SpectralTime

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:33 am

LMAO. I'm laughing at the "Tome of Unsatisfactory Poll Options". I would have to assume somebody added that as a troll vote, but seriously, didn't even know we could add options when I voted. Wouldn't it just be simpler to hold off on your vote & ask jackoekaki to add the option for you so you can vote on it once it's added?
WonderGamer

Postby pang » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 am

What about tome of gender transformation or tome of fluid genders?
pang

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:15 pm

pang wrote:What about tome of gender transformation or tome of fluid genders?

I like your first suggestion! I would probably even take that over the original one. :mrgreen:
unfortunately forum polls don't normally let you change your vote... Image

Second one I think would just have most people scratching their heads in confusion... :?
WonderGamer

Return to Suggestions